The administration rules obviously show that repairing necessities have not been changed during the coronavirus emergency. There was a strict law that no non-urgent repair should be made at your home during this lockdown period. However, you have to ensure that your properties are in acceptable condition and avoid all risks.
These days temperature is on its flood and air conditioning repair has turned as the fundamental prerequisite. You can attempt by searching a few operators online and you can get in touch with them and inquire as to whether they can fix your air conditioner.
When You Stay In A Council Home Or A Society Home
A large portion of the council homes and societies has their emergency repair frameworks during this season of lockdown and you can make a request to them. Likewise, you can search for emergency repair on their sites. Also, you can associate with the nearby board of housing society and can take a look at the coronavirus policy in regards to the repair.
When You Have Your Own Home
You can take help in regards to air conditioning repair from an outer contractual worker and it will totally rely upon the coronavirus policy made by the government. It is required to protect yourself from the viral transmission; you have to remain at your home and you try to hold off any kind of repairs.
What To Do When Your Repair Is Carried Out To Protect Yourself?
- When repair is carried out at your home, you need to maintain a distance of 2 meters from the repairing person. You can minimize the risk of transmission
- Keep the high touch surfaces clean once the person leaves to your home after the repair
- Many contractors maintain their own security during this lockdown and wear gloves, personal equipment’ at the time of repairing
- Many questions may be asked by the contractor regarding the exposure before visiting your home
In case, you are yourself in the self-isolation then you should keep yourself in a separate room to stay away from the transmission risk.
What To Do When You Don’t Have An Emergency Ac Repair?
Follow these given points to overcome the repair whilst in lockdown.
- Turn up the temperature: You need to keep the thermostat around 78°F so that your air conditioner won’t need to work harder.
- Change your air filter: You can change the air filter as instructed by the manufacturer and you can keep your air conditioner running smoothly.
- You need to keep the blinds shut during the day time.
- Check if you have the right insulation in your attic.
Once you follow then you can overcome air conditioning repair during this lockdown period.